Before I begin, let me tell you I am no pro at giving out tips to new mommies on how to stay slim, lose weight etc. but since I became huge during my pregnancy and gained nothing less than 20 kilos, I can surely share my experience here. That is, coz, I came back to my original weight which is around 50 kilos. So in case the following advise / tips / gyaan is of interest to some of you, do read on…
So you have just delivered and are going through post partum depression already !! You are worried how you will get back into your favourite pair of denims in which you looked so sexy. Fret not. Here’s what you can do…
- Breastfeed: Yes, you must have heard this before, but this is really the best advice on board. For all you lactating moms, please mentally prepare yourself about feeding your newborn and be very adamant about it. Opting for Top Feed is easy but as you know, mother’s milk has anti-bodies no formula milk can provide. But more than that, breastfeeding can help you lose your calories. It can help you lose tummy fat. It will help you bring your breasts back in shape. Reason: Every time you feed, you burn calories SO treat this as mother nature’s natural gym to you !!
- DIY! No Maids Please: I know this may read weird, but if you want to lose weight you need to skip the Nanny please. Try and take care of your baby on your own. Do all the baby needs, all by yourself. Washing nappies, bottles, running around the kid or the house – all this is exercise enough that will make you lose excessive flab. Warning: This tip is not easy to follow so if you have the will power only then do it at your own risk !!
- Multi-tasking Is The Key: If you were working before going on maternity leave, do get back to work. If you have the option, work from home. Multi-tasking can be back breaking. Doing all of it yourself- home, baby, office – is exhilarating. It’s exercise in its most natural form. Honestly, it’s a challenge. Either you take it or leave it.
- Do Not Diet: You may want to eat those fancy salads and sip only green tea to lose flab but trust me they hardly help! Eat your meals heartily on time. Eat what you love ‘coz you have a big job of taking care of your new born / toddlers. At times when you feel low, food can turn you on and boost your mood so why deprive yourself of yummy delights! Forget dieting, eat healthily and follow the next advise !!
- Run Baby Run: Post the breastfeeding stage, comes the stage where the crawling or walking toddler will keep you on your toes. And if you are a hands-on mom, the task of losing weight will be easier. Running around the house, cleaning up your kidos mess, chasing them to eat food…the list is long…but for you there are miles to go before you sleep !!
Kuch an kar ke bhi thak jate hain! Why does one feel tired even after doing nothing! Getting mentally tired is more exhausting than being physically tired…
I want to write but I cannot
I want to kick these thoughts out of my mind but I’m unable to
I am torn, once again, between my heart and mind
I am caught between the battle of right and wrong
A sea of emotions swarm me
Which way do I tide?
I need motivation!
I need to be inspired!
When I watch some of the many people around me I admire them so much
I love the way they live their life
I love the fact that what figures on top of their priority list is ‘ME’. Why can I not be like that?
At times I want to simply drift away from all of it but then it’s easier said than done. Isn’t it?
Who should I listen to? How do I take control of situations that are out of my control?
It’s raining outside and my thoughts seem to be melting away
I wish I have enough strength to do what I want to do and not what others want me to do…
An accident that happened more than 10 years ago is still haunting superstar Salman Khan like a nightmare.
Salman has become newsmaker once again for his 2002 hit and run case. While the media has gone crazy over the entire proceedings, Salman Khan has decided to keep media and his fans updated.
Salman has decided to launch a website www.salmankhanfiles.com that will contain all the information pertaining to the case.
Agreed that a crime was committed more than a decade ago but then he should have been punished around that same time! Why linger on a case for so long…just because he is a celebrity?
I am not a Salman fan or his supporter but my logic is that what is the point of punishing someone years after he committed the crime? Who knows, maybe during this time he realised his mistake, repented and did some good deeds.
Since the incident or accident, so to say, that happened a decade ago the actor has indulged in various charities and social causes. Everyone knows he has launched a charity by the name of ‘Being Human’ which is quite a success by now.
I am not trying to sell the idea that we do not punish someone because he is a star or vice-versa but penalise someone for his wrong doing there when the time demands it.
Do share your views and thoughts.
It’s been ages and decades that a topic like this gets discussed till death… but I still want to vent it out.
The other day, I decided to do some retail therapy and since it’s burning outside, I decided to wear a cool pair of shorts… while on way to the bazaar…. there was this uncle in car standing right next to my auto. He rolled down his windows, took a nice long look at me! He refused to turn his face until I decided to ask him: “What happened?”
You wear something that cuts short just above the knee and wait for those glares from your neighbours…. I would not generalise but there (still) is a category of people who love watching bare legs. This species (as I would call them) love having a good long look at you, enjoy the view…maybe even have an opinion about you and until you stare back and brush them off, they would not turn away.
And something not so usual is when people of the same sex start staring at you! I mean… chill! Isn’t there anything better to do… what difference does it make if someone is wearing shorts or salwaar kameez?
Sometimes I wonder why we act and react the way we do. Anger caused to you may be a reaction to the behaviour caused by others. So does that mean you get upset, brood and be depressed by it? Well, the answer obviously is a “no” but it is easier said than done. What is important is to sit down, relax your mind and put your thoughts together. Mentally chalk down points that make you angry. Sometimes talking to someone close helps. Writing your thoughts is even better (like me).
Point is that there is no sense in being angry over something and at someone if the person doesn’t even realise you are upset ‘coz if them. Actually it is not people that make you angry. It is your expectations from people (you love) which they fail to meet. Maybe that is why it is said: “Expectations lead to disillusionment.” Also sometimes you assume that people will behave in a certain set manner as you want them to, which often disappoints.
So the point being made is: do your job, chill and expect the least. You will find yourself in a happier place.
What are your thoughts? Do share your tips on dealing with such situations…